Tuesday, July 31, 2012

july cookie: ice cream sandwiches

what cookie could possibly be more appropriate to make for summer than an ice cream sandwich? this is actually the first time I have ever attempted to make them. they sound a bit intimidating, but in reality they are so easy. and the best part is that you can make them ahead of time & wrap them in pretty parchment paper with some bakers twine & store in your freeze until you're ready to serve. I used this recipe and sandwiched the cookies between mint chocolate chip ice cream & coffee ice cream (I also addd some chocolate shavings to the sides for a little crunch). I couldn't make up my mind which flavor I liked best, so I just kept eating more of each. I still can't decide.... might need to make another batch this weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. These look amazing–but since you're so handy in the kitchen, I don't know if I can take your word for how easy these puppies are!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails