Monday, November 1, 2010

fall wedding shower

these photos are actually from a wedding shower that my mom & I threw last fall. my lifelong friend eric finally got engaged to his high school girlfriend, megan. eric & I were always close, but when he started dating megan, she quickly became my favorite. sorry, eric. 

we wanted to throw megan a fall shower with delicious homemade food. on the menu was a harvest salad with smoked turkey, apple chips & spiced pecans, a carrot zucchini muffin & pumpkin curry soup. 

{the invite- a fall & bird theme}

{in the south, we love using china for showers}

{the "kids table," a.k.a. people under 30}

{we made mini carrot cake "pumpkins" for dessert}

{"wedding advice from the experts" tree.  I later put these into a book for megan}

{"sweet tweets". I made fabric bird labels & put homemade meringues into treat bags for the favors}

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful shower! I do hope that when John and I get engaged, I get a proper Southern bridal shower-his aunts would make it the most hysterical afternoon of my little life!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails