Monday, October 25, 2010

homemade fettuccine

I have a feeling we spend way too much money at the grocery store on fresh pasta (I'm kind of a carboholic). so in order to save some money, I bought robert this pasta roller/cutter attachment for our kitchenaid for christmas last year. I had visions of pasta in soups, on salads, baked in casseroles, you name it, we'd have made it for just pennies.

 except that it sat in the box for a whole year. we both made it once after christmas & then put it away & totally forgot about it. so I whipped the sucker out, dusted it off & spent some time making dough & cutting pasta. it's actually much easier than it looks. 

{step one: make dough, knead & let rest}

{step two: roll out pasta, fold, repeat}

{step three: continue to roll until it becomes thin & transparent}

{step four: add the cutter attachment & feed pasta sheets through}

{step five: let dry & freeze or refrigerate until ready to cook}

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! My grandfather loved to make homemade pasta after he retired, and now whenever I eat it, I think of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! Sadly, we rarely fire up the old Kitchenaid mixer... Maybe this would be a fun, new use for it!

    Homemade pasta here we come!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails