Thursday, June 3, 2010

customized monopoly game

we wanted to do something really special for our favorite family, the xides, for their anniversary. gust is a pilot for delta, so the family has done a ton of traveling together. I came up with this idea to make a customized monopoly board, with all the spaces & properties being places they have lived or traveled to together over the course of their marriage.

 my extremely talent husband worked for days re-drawing the board & creating all new pieces. the chance & community chest cards are all based on events or funny things that have happened over the years (I enlisted the help of a few of their friends for some memories). I changed the railroad spaces to bridges that they have been on & changed the tax squares to their real-life expenses, like "greek lessons" & "library fine". I have to say, the result was quite fantastic. I hope this is a gift that they can play together as a family & laugh at for many years to come.
 
{the box. robert covered the sides with "xidesopoly" as well}

{the whole new board}

{the xides own two volvos, hence the "free volvo parking"}

{since they have visited alcatraz, john (7), has decided he wants to be a prison guard there}

{so maybe they have a chunk of mt. etna in the backyard. maybe.}

{having a daughter in girl scouts, they tend to really "support" the organization during cookie time}

{robert made all of the property cards in the original size- not the lame new small size that they sell now.}

* monopoly® is a trademark of Hasbro, Inc &we have not profited in any way from this game.

5 comments:

  1. this is beyond amazing! what a fantastic and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun- it turned out absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and wish I was talented enough to do something like this. (Your mom teaches my youngest.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am looking into creating a custom game board and I would like to know the process your husband used. How did he create the board, the box...Thank you for nay info that you may be able to give. My email is rbird@enkeiamerica.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails